Tuesday, April 01, 2008

April Fool's!

When I was growing up, my stepdad tried the same April Fool's trick just about every year. And, I fell for it just about every year!

I would wake up and go downstairs to the kitchen to have my breakfast and Dale would look out the window and exclaim, "LOOK! It snowed!!"

Without fail, I would run to the window, part the blinds, and inevitably sigh in my ability to be duped. It rarely snowed in April in Chicago. I, however, have been gullible ever since I can remember.

On this April first morning I looked out the window and, sure enough, I saw a fresh coating of new snow on top of my car. When I looked at the thermometer, it said -2. No joke. It seems like Dale's ploy wouldn't work so well in the mountains of Colorado.

I hope someone had a little fun with you today... Please let me know if anyone got you good.

No comments: