Monday, November 28, 2005

Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?

OK, I know it's supposedly bad luck when a black cat crosses your path, but what does it mean when a wolf crosses your path? It happened to me today, as I was running home from Lake Arlington. No kidding--a wolf in Arlington Heights. Who knew? For those of you who are skeptical and are wondering if it was just a stray dog, I assure you it was not. This animal definitely didn't have any tags around his neck. It was less than 20 feet in front of me. There was an oncoming car whose route was interrupted by the animal. When the wolf passed us, I looked at her with my mouth open and a questioning look on my face. She made eye contact with me and her face was surprised, too: eyebrows raised, mouth open, head nodding to confirm what we both suspected. Welcome to the suburbs.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Maybe it was a coyote, but I've seen pleanty of coyotes in Arizona and I don't think the animal I saw was not scrawny or small enough to be a coyote. Hmm, it remains a mystery.