Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Surprise Baby Showers

I have now had twosurprise baby showers thrown for me! I feel so loved!

The first one was put together by Kyle and Bridget and it happened on my birthday, as a combo birthday party / baby shower. I had no idea it was coming and I was shocked to find people in our house, gathering to celebrate our little one. I was overwhelmed with gratitude for the people who surrounded us that day and for the generosity they showed me and Kyle. It was a really fun night!

Today the ladies at work threw me a shower during lunch. I will be honest, I had an inkling that they might be throwing one for me at some point because it was mentioned at Clare's baby shower that they were looking forward to doing so for me, but I didn't know when it might happen. I got an e-mail from a Senior Manager, saying she needed me to come to her office to meet with me, which worried me a little but also made me curious if that might be the draw to get me to the front office for the party. I didn't want to assume anything, though. It turns out my curiosity was right but having a suspicion didn't ruin the fun of it at all. The food was delicious and, again, I felt intensely grateful for the kindness of everyone and the outpouring of gifts. What a great group of women I work with.

I am blessed, indeed, and so is our little girl! She has so many people who already love her, even before they've met her. I can't wait to introduce her to everyone when she arrives into the world!

No comments: