Thursday, October 20, 2011

Five Years

I realized today that I have crossed the threshold of working for Vail Resorts for five years. The whole time I have worked for Keystone Resort Property Management, although in three different positions within the department. That also means I've been living in Colorado for five years now. Wow, how time flies! I realized today by looking at my paycheck and the employee handbook that now that I've reached the five year mark it means I accrue Paid Time Off (PTO) more rapidly, and I can accrue up to 120 hours. That is a big jump from the 80 hour cap I had previously! This couldn't have happened at a better time. It means I will have more PTO available to supplement my time when I am on maternity leave. Assuming short term disability pays 60% of my pay for the first six weeks, this means I will have enough sick time and PTO to take 12 weeks off and have almost entirely all of it paid! I am so thrilled.

No comments: