Friday, February 01, 2008

Birthday #29

My sister (who turned 30 a month ago) made a comment today in an email about my recent birthday:
"I hope you had a good one :) --> because now the countdown begins!"

Thirty. Less than a year away... Yikes.

As she hoped, I did have a good birthday. Most of the joy of the day was due to my wonderful boyfriend, Kyle. He gave me tulips (my favorite flowers) and he brought me lunch at work. Not just any lunch, mind you. He warmed up bread bowls and filled them with potato soup. There was also green bean casserole and for dessert he brought me a slice of the cake he made me that morning. Talk about a great guy!

That evening, after I volunteered at the church, he took me out to dinner at Ristorante al Lago. The lasagna was delicious!

I already had my present because on Tuesday night he took me shopping for new ski pants. He's so generous! I got to try out my new ski pants on Thursday night when we went sledding with some people from work. We had a great time. It was Kyle's first time ever sledding; it will not be the last...

In all, it was a wonderful couple days of celebration. I feel very blessed. So what if the countdown to thirty is beginning? I may not have any major life accomplishments checked off a list, but I'm healthy, happy, and loved. That's worth a lot.

1 comment:

Heather and Spencer said...

Happy Belated Birthday Ruth! I'm glad you had a great day! :)