Friday, July 21, 2006

The phone call

Yesterday I got a phone call from Kari at Keystone. She was calling about the Human Resources job that I applied for, telling me that they chose to hire another person who is a native Spanish speaker. Bummer. However, she did say that she would happily forward my resume and application to other departments if there are other jobs there that I'm interested in. So, there is still hope for employment there. And, if not there, I'll find a job (or jobs) somewhere else in the county. I do know that I'm going to have to be driven, enthusiastic, and do whatever it takes to make my transition there a reality. Unfortunately, for the time being, that means dealing with boring paperwork and financial matters here. It often stinks that you need to crawl before you can walk, and only after that do you get to run. I'm still working at it, though.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I'm sorry to hear that, Ruth. My boyfriend graduated in June and has been job hunting all summer with no luck yet...applications are going out by the tens and interviews are being scheduled by the ones and jobs are....not being offered. So you're definitely not alone! It's tough to watch and I wish I could do more to help--so I have a bit of an idea what you're going through (except you're trying to do it long distance!) Good luck--I know you'll make it happen.