Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Rainy Day

Heavy rain is common in this part of east Texas, but my familiarity with loud and flashy thunderstorms comes from my experiences of them in Illinois. Today is an exception, though. The Texas skies are outdoing themselves today. The lightning has been brilliantly piercing and the thunder literally shook the walls several times this morning and afternoon. Days like this make me want to curl up in a sea of blankets, reading a good book or watching a good movie, holding a hot cup of coffee or slurping a warm bowl of soup. There are certainly timess for slowing down and lingering in peaceful moments but life also has to be lived. There is no pause button in this existence. Maybe, just maybe, I'll put on my old running shoes, brave the storm (which is actually just a shower now...), and intentionally go out there to get soaked. Or, I'll stay inside to sort through boxes and re-pack for my upcoming move. Decisions, decisions.

No comments: