Monday, November 21, 2005

Season Changes (Out of Order)

Well, the week in Colorado was splendid. I went from summer weather in Texas to instant winter in Summit County. They had an awful snowstorm the night after I got there, which shut down Interstate 70 in the mountains, jammed all the icy streets with traffic, and filled the shoulders and ditches with immobilized cars. So, we walked to the Dillon Dam Brewery to escape the storm and the erratic drivers. Throughout the week, Kyle and I did a lot of lounging around, hanging out and eating out with his friends, and one day we went snowshoeing. The next week I'm there we're going to go downhill and cross country skiing, as well as visit some hot springs in the area. I'm looking forward to that!

For another season change, I went from winter in Colorado to autumn in Chicago. The dried leaves crunched under my feet and the crip air and sunshiny sky made the weather perfect for a run in the cute Chicago neighborhood surrounding my friends' apartment. The weekend with the girls from North Park was wonderful! We celebrated Laura's engagement to the fullest, with homemade lip balm, wine and food at Buca di Beppo, drinks at a posh 33rd floor lounge bar complimentary of our friends Anthony and Dominic, breakfast foods glore at Kathleen's apartment, followed by lots of lingere for the bride to be. It was a very full, very fun time for all. I'm sure that the next time we gather (for the wedding in January) will be just as great.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! We certainly do have a lot to be thankful for, don't we?

2 comments:

LKH said...

I'm glad you're having a good time, Ruth, but we really miss you!

APN said...

And a Happy Thanksgiving to you. Go play in some snow for me, since I have never really played in it before....