Saturday, October 29, 2005

You Too

The U2 concert was amazing.
I don't know how to sum it up in words because it was that great. (However, those of you who know me and my love for words, I'll try!)
Our seats were behind the stage, which might sound unfortunate, but it was actually a good thing in my opinion. No, we didn't have a view of the front of the stage, but we were SO much closer than the people in our level that did have a front view. Nothing was obstructing our view, except for the very cool lights, which were strands of lightbulbs, hung in clusters, surrounding the back of the circular stage. The bulbs were lit in various patterns of color, often organized into shapes and designs.
Not only was the music great, but Bono did such an amazing job of communicating what is important to the band. It wasn't just a concert; it was an experience. I could tell, based on their song selections, the words they spoke, and the visual imagery, that they were hoping that people would be moved by being there, not merely entertained.
I'll say it again--It was amazing.

No comments: