Saturday, October 29, 2005

Cleaning House

I've noticed that things usually get messier before they get cleaner. When I clean my room it's quite a production. In order to find new places for old things, I have to re-organize so much in order to create spaces for each of those objects to have a "home." I've been in the process of cleaning my room the entire day. Believe it or not, I have not left my apartment all day. From the time I woke up until now, I have been doing laundry, cleaning, and organizing. To an outsider it might not look like much has been accomplished, but I know just how much has gone into transforming the room that was into the room that now is. As a result, I feel so much better about myself. It's amazing how getting specific areas of my life in order causes me to feel more together as a whole person. I need more of this in my life--more structure, more patterns, more regularity, more stabilility. When I have more normalcy in my life I'm able to be much more free and open to the surprises that God desires to bring my way. I know it's somewhat of a paradox, but based on my experience I know that it's true.

No comments: