Wednesday, November 16, 2011

16.

I am thankful for the Confirmation Class at Lord of the Mountains Lutheran Church. We meet on various Wednesdays and Sundays throughout the year and it is always a joy when we get together. The students in the program are so invested and engaged. It makes me glad to think that I get to be a small part of their spiritual development in the church and in the world. They are between 6th and 8th grade and they are eager to learn and grow in new ways. I love how they can be both silly or serious, depending on the tone of the class. I am so thankful for Pastor Joe and the way he leads the program. He encourages to think for themselves, instead of teaching them what to believe. I admire his creativity to bring the lessons to life and involve the students in meaningful ways. I am proud to be a part of this great program at Lord of the Mountains.

No comments: